You’re about to step into the magical world of protein pancakes! Ever since I made my first one, I got obsessed – these pancakes are not only quick and easy to whip up, they are also packed with superfoods and protein to boot! I won’t lie… I love ALL protein pancakes. I don’t discriminate. But these are especially good. The lovely coconut is beautifully paired with carob. Don’t have carob? No problem, simply use dark chocolate chips in its place and add some extra cinnamon to the mix. Enjoy! This recipe was contributed by Sensual Appeal, a healthy living food blog where everything is delicious, mindful, and happy. You can also find Sensual Appeal on Facebook, and Instagram.
Carob Chip Coconut Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp reduced fat shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp vegan carob chips
- 2 tbsp PB2 Natural, Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Inka (or instant coffee)
- 3 tbsp water
- For the pancakes-
- Grease pan with coconut oil and let heat on medium/low heat. While the pan is warming up, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add egg whites and combine. The coconut flour will absorb a lot of the liquid. Add almond milk and applesauce and combine again. When the pan is heated, put the mixture on the pan. Sprinkle with carob chips. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the pancake moves around the pan more freely. Flip and cook for a few more minutes. Serve with sauce. Top with more shredded coconut and carob chips.
- For the sauce-
- Combine PB2 and Inka in a small bowl, add water and stir until all of the dry ingredients have dissolved and combined to create a nice sauce. Stick in the freezer while the pancakes are cooking so that the mixture thickens up a tiny bit.